About Cirrus Partners
Cirrus Partners is a Wisconsin-based managed service provider (MSP) focused on providing leadership, systems development, and support for small- and mid-sized organizations with demanding technical needs.
Our organization has spent the last 17 years specializing in Unix and Unix-like systems. By adopting the Unix Philosophy throughout our entire tech stack, we’ve created a unique MSP environment that integrates best-in-class, off-the-shelf solutions with proprietary tooling. This approach allows us to provide a focused experience that our customers love.
IT Operations Specialists at Cirrus Partners apply SRE methodologies to ensure internal and external SLOs are maintained.
You’ll also be serving as an escalation point for our IT Support Specialists, so your customer service skills need to be top-notch. In this capacity, you’ll contribute to the growth of our IT Support Specialists by sharing your knowledge and expertise.
We’re a remote-first team, but you’ll need to be available between 8 AM and 5 PM, CST.
What are the core responsibilities?
- Run, maintain, and document internal and external production systems and services.
- Build software and systems that improve the reliability and performance of internal and external systems and services.
- Assist in the development and refinement of service level objectives.
- Maintain and improve system and service observability for your own and other teams.
- Provide operational support to internal and external customers as appropriate.
- Collaborate with R&D to plan and implement changes to internal systems.
- Gather and analyze system metrics on a periodic basis, reporting findings to management.
- Ensure technical systems are compliant with policies.
How will I know if I’m going to be successful?
As a member of our technical staff, you’ll need to be intellectually curious, autodidactic, and fearless. We’ll expect you to align with our mission and commit to our values.
While it might be helpful to have a 4 year degree in computer science and years of industry experience, it’s more important that you’re the kind of person who is never satisfied with your current knowledge and skills.
You’ll need to love quantifying all the things, communicating with system and data owners, and writing amazing code. You’ll also need to be or quickly become familiar with the following tools and technologies:
- RESTful APIs
- *nix backend services, including launchd and systemd
- Codified infrastructure and configuration technologies like Terraform, Chef, and cloud-init
- Cloud providers such as DigitalOcean, Azure, and AWS
- Proficiency in languages such as Python, Bash, Powershell, PHP, Go, and Swift
- Apple’s MDM protocol
- Apple application packaging (AutoPKG, Munki, etc.)
Additionally, it’s expected that every technical team member holds at least the following certifications:
- CompTIA A+
- Apple Certified Support Professional
- Apple MDM Certification
- Google Workspace Certification
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Fundamentals
- CompTIA Security+
- CompTIA Network+
If you don’t have those certifications yet, it’s not a deal-breaker. We’ll pay for your training materials and exams, but you’ll need to put in the work to get certified within a set amount of time of getting hired.